Ciaran Doyle - Solicitor
Ciarán is a solicitor on the Employment team in Hayes. He advises international and indigenous organisations as well as senior executives in diverse sectors on all aspects of employment law. He provides day-to-day, strategic advice on the entire spectrum of workplace issues, including disciplinaries and grievances, atypical workers, industrial relations, whistleblowing, equality / discrimination, tribunal cases and the termination of employment.
Ciarán trained at a leading international law firm in Dublin and qualified in 2020. Prior to joining Hayes, Ciarán worked within specialist Education/Employment law units in Ireland and the UK; he has in-depth knowledge of the primary, secondary and third-level education sectors. He also worked as in-house Counsel for a global cyber security company and has a keen understanding of the legal issues facing employers operating cross-jurisdictionally.
Ciarán is a qualified Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E) and regularly advises on workplace data protection issues such as subject access requests, policy formation and data breaches.
Ciarán is admitted to the Roll of Solicitors in Ireland and England and Wales.
Employment Law Experience:
- Executive and employment contracts, as well as HR policies and procedures.
- Statutory compliance in relation to protective leave, remuneration, working time, equality, temporary and part-time employees, etc.
- Disciplinary processes / hearings, workplace investigations, suspension, appeals and dismissals.
- Devising redundancy strategies and managing individual and large-scale collective redundancies.
- Whistleblowing related issues and the application of the protected disclosures legislation to whistleblowing incidents for organisations.
- Defending workplace-related claims in the WRC, Labour Court, Circuit Court and High Court, including injunction and judicial review applications.
- Commercial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, reorganisations, staff transfers (TUPE), due diligence, insourcing and outsourcing.
- Atypical workers, including independent contractors and agency workers; implementing risk mitigation strategies.
- Industrial relations and dealing with trade unions.
- Application of government circulars, collective agreements, public sectoral procedures, secondments, redeployment, etc.
- Restrictive covenants.
- Developing and delivering training to HR professionals and in-house teams.
- Data, privacy and GDPR in the workplace.
- Law Society of Ireland, professional qualification as a solicitor
- Maastricht University, Master of EU Law (LL.M.)
- Trinity College Dublin, Law and German (LL.B. ling. German)
- Humboldt University of Berlin (Erasmus)
- Law Society of Ireland
- Employment Law Association of Ireland