Insolvency & Restructuring
Hayes solicitors’ insolvency team comprises lawyers drawn from different departments in the firm to bring together their skills in the areas of banking & financial services, corporate law, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property and property law. It is the flexible nature of the group that enables us to tailor our team to suit our individual client’s needs.
The members of the insolvency team have considerable experience and strong reputations for dealing with a wide variety of insolvency issues. We act for insolvency practitioners as well as advising banks, other financial institutions, statutory bodies and creditors. Our service includes advising businesses in financial difficulties and their directors or trustees.
We advise on:
- Cross border Insolvencies
- Individual and Company Voluntary schemes of arrangements
- Corporate Restructuring including equity swaps, hive downs, assignment of debt etc
- Obtaining judgments
- Directors disqualification proceedings, liabilities and responsibilities
- Wrongful or fraudulent trading claims against former directors
- Antecedent transactions
- Loan default
- Asset and debt recovery
- Retention of title claims
- Regulatory authority liaison
- Insolvency issues such as ‘ transactions at an undervalue’
- Asset recovery for the benefit of creditors
- Business turnaround
- Debt recovery
- Property, commercial and employment transactions and disputes
- Dispute resolution
- Transaction planning
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Strong reputation and track record including high profile mandates.
- Long-established relationships with Ireland’s leading insolvency practitioners, accountancy firms, banks and asset management companies.
- Strong flow of work from asset managers, including purchasers of loan portfolios from Irish financial institutions.
- Proven track record in attracting instructions on cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters, particularly from UK/Northern Ireland firms.
- Adviser to a number of private equity distressed loan investment funds.
- Known for handling complex and high volume enforcement actions efficiently and achieving optimum returns within tight timeframes.
What clients say: Insolvency & Restructuring
The team at Hayes are superb when it comes to complex and contentious insolvencies. They have great depth in the team. They have that elusive quality that all clients want in their lawyers – they win cases.
"Hayes have a great team. They provide excellent legal advice together with a practical and strategic approach to litigation."
I find Hayes very good for dealing with more senior people in their firm, eg I end up speaking with a partner a lot more than I would with other firms when I might be dealing with more junior members of the team. I believe this speeds up the strategy/solution as the strategy can be debated quickly and a decision can be made on the call as opposed to delays in seeking approval from the partner who isn’t on the call. I also find them very responsive when compared to some of their competitors.
"A very good firm covering all the key areas of advice."
A very hands on responsive and knowledgeable team.
"Hayes is unique in that it combines excellent legal advice with practical and approachable staff. The Hayes lawyers are very pleasant to work with even in difficult cases. As a litigant, court can be stressful so being supported by cool heads makes an enormous difference in complex and challenging cases."