Insolvency & Restructuring
Hayes solicitors’ insolvency team comprises lawyers drawn from different departments in the firm to bring together their skills in the areas of banking & financial services, corporate law, dispute resolution, employment, intellectual property and property law. It is the flexible nature of the group that enables us to tailor our team to suit our individual client’s needs.
The members of the insolvency team have considerable experience and strong reputations for dealing with a wide variety of insolvency issues. We act for insolvency practitioners as well as advising banks, other financial institutions, statutory bodies and creditors. Our service includes advising businesses in financial difficulties and their directors or trustees.
We advise on:
- Cross border Insolvencies
- Individual and Company Voluntary schemes of arrangements
- Corporate Restructuring including equity swaps, hive downs, assignment of debt etc
- Obtaining judgments
- Directors disqualification proceedings, liabilities and responsibilities
- Wrongful or fraudulent trading claims against former directors
- Antecedent transactions
- Loan default
- Asset and debt recovery
- Retention of title claims
- Regulatory authority liaison
- Insolvency issues such as ‘ transactions at an undervalue’
- Asset recovery for the benefit of creditors
- Business turnaround
- Debt recovery
- Property, commercial and employment transactions and disputes
- Dispute resolution
- Transaction planning
- Alternative dispute resolution
- Strong reputation and track record including high profile mandates.
- Long-established relationships with Ireland’s leading insolvency practitioners, accountancy firms, banks and asset management companies.
- Strong flow of work from asset managers, including purchasers of loan portfolios from Irish financial institutions.
- Proven track record in attracting instructions on cross-border insolvency and restructuring matters, particularly from UK/Northern Ireland firms.
- Adviser to a number of private equity distressed loan investment funds.
- Known for handling complex and high volume enforcement actions efficiently and achieving optimum returns within tight timeframes.
What clients say: Insolvency & Restructuring
Hayes Solicitors is recognised as a Noted firm for Insolvency and Restructuring by Chambers Europe 2017: Europe's Leading Lawyers for Business