Our data protection and privacy team are experts in this evolving area of law. We advise clients in a wide range of industries including, media, advertising and marketing, retail, motor, childcare and education, recruitment, healthcare, technology and ecommerce.
We assist organisations in ensuring compliance with data protection and privacy regulations, particularly the GDPR. We advise on contractual arrangements for outsourcing data processing, international data transfers, including standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules and the EU/US privacy shield.
We are experts in drafting all policies and notices required under data protection law, including privacy statements, data protection policies, breach management policies, CCTV polices. We also assist and advise clients on data protection impact assessments.
The team is very experienced in dealing with the Data Protection Commission. We advise clients on notifying data breaches to the Data Protection Commission. We represent clients in enforcement actions taken by the Data Protection Commission including prosecutions under the Electronic Privacy Regulations.
Together with our colleagues from our employment team, we advise clients on all data protection and privacy issues arising in the context of the employment relationship. This includes drafting privacy notices for employees, advising on data access requests and advising on data protection issues in workplace disputes.
We also assist clients with data protection litigation.
- Data protection and privacy compliance advice, particularly the GDPR
- Drafting data protection policies, privacy statements, breach management policies, CCTV policies
- Advising on international data transfers, including standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules and the EU/US privacy shield
- Drafting and advising on data processing and data transfer agreements.
- Advising on the use of personal data for direct marketing
- Advising on targeted and programmatic advertising and data analytics
- Assisting with data access requests
- Assisting with data protection impact assessments
- Advising on data protection and privacy in the employment relationship
- Record retention and deletion advice
- Dealing with enforcement actions and prosecutions by the Data Protection Commission
- Data protection litigation
What clients say: Data Protection
Very professional in their advice to clients. This firm is always very helpful.
Expert knowledge of solicitors in safeguarding and data protection.
The team takes a practical approach to matters and have a wide range in the legal areas provided. This allows you to have a “one-stop shop” for your requirements.
A straightforward approach to addressing queries and providing clear answers understanding the the differences that exist in our industry and applying advice practically.
The individuals I have dealt with have been very personable and have looked to address the issues in a way that ensures you can do your business.