Tim Waghorn - Partner
Tim is a partner in the Banking and Financial Services team at Hayes solicitors.
Tim has extensive experience advising both borrowers and lenders across a wide range of financing transactions including corporate debt facilities, complex cross-border financings, export-credit backed lending and leveraged/acquisition finance.
Tim is a partner in the Banking and Financial Services team at Hayes solicitors. Tim has extensive experience advising both borrowers and lenders across a wide range of financing transactions including corporate debt facilities, complex cross-border financings, export-credit backed lending and leveraged/acquisition finance.
- Leveraged/acquisition finance – advising lenders, borrowers and shareholders on the financing aspects of cross-border and domestic M&A activity. This includes advising a private equity firm in relation to their financing requirements in respect of the acquisition of a renewable energy company and advising the shareholders in an insurance and financial distribution investment company in respect of the provision of security in connection with a partial buy-out of that company.
- Corporate lending/transactional banking – advising a broad range of domestic and international banks on lending to corporates and SMEs and the financing and refinancing structures applicable to those entities. This includes advising on revolving facilities to for investment funds to smooth liquidity requirements and advising on facilities financing the acquisition of aircraft spare parts.
- TMT financing – Tim has a particular interest in TMT finance and has experience advising both borrowers and lenders in relation to syndicated, commercial and ECA backed financings for mobile telecoms operators, financings of the acquisition, ongoing operations and maintenance of mobile telecoms towers in multiple African jurisdictions and in respect of the refinancing and consolidation of the loan facilities of a Polish triple-play (satellite, telephone/mobile and broadband) operator.
- Real estate finance – advising both domestic and international lending institutions and borrowers on CRE finance transactions as well as development finance facilities financing matters such as the construction operations of a housebuilder secured on their portfolio of properties.
- MA (Cantab) – University of Cambridge, Emmanuel College – Law
- Legal Practice Course – University of Nottingham Law School
- Admitted as a solicitor of the Supreme Court of England and Wales, Law Society of England and Wales, September 2002
- Professional qualification as a solicitor, Law Society of Ireland, 2019
- Member of the Law Society of Ireland
- Member of the Law Society of England and Wales
‘Tim Waghorn – commercial, proactive and excellent attention to detail.’
‘Tim Waghorn is a very knowledgeable lawyer, and diligently handles complex tasks.’